I'm not a big fan of The Arc because i don't see anything truly exceptional in it. Sure, the mountain work is cool, but look at Vallis or Candoria. That took some skill. It could be better than just a bunch of trees, a lake, and a bridge. I am alright with the spawns, but everything else i don't like.
I'm sure a lot of people like the feel of it ( I myself have enjoyed tree parkour onto the head of an unknowing enemy) but i just don't see it.
Wat about ignite???// jkjkjkjkjk I love candoria and vallis too and the arc as well
Yeah, many of Koo's maps are better than the arc. I usually change server when arc comes on. That said Lots of people probably like it so...
Candoria is by far my favorite.
yeah like truthfully i am sick of candor only because it has been on for so long, but i recently downloaded it and when u look at it, its just amazing
I like Cand but (here we go again) the whole map isn't used. BRING BACK MULTIPLE SPAWNS ALREADY!
I agree many maps (yes, especially Koo's) are better.
Personally, the Arc is a good map. Not great, but it's still enjoyable. By far my favorite thing on that map is shooting people of the mountains from the trees. Sadly, you don't get a kill when you doom someone to fall, but I still like it.
And, IMO, Vallis's terrain is rather lacking in some areas, especially the arches. The majority of the top of the arches are essentially 1 block-high slopes, which doesn't look too much like natural terrain.
Arc's Good Points: Fun, the whole map is used, equal for all kits.
Bad points: Dull design.
Vallis Good Points: Nice large map with more detail.
Bad Points: Lot of the map is unused.
Conclusion: More spawns.
As the creator of Arc, this forum post bums me.
My map was the first map to be accepted into the cycle.
I admit it is plain (But you must remember, My map was added, not any of yours) so, how about you create a better map before insulting mine.
But I accept negative comments.
Wave, the one thing I don't get is how you say it took no skill.
Id like to inform you all that the base plate for the entire map took me 4 hours to make (In single player). Most of the map was made in Singleplayer (Not the mountains) but everything else. The Arc was a map that made every kit pretty much equal. On Candoria, Pyro is useless (cause there is so much water).
And I would like it if you wouldnt say such things as "Koo's maps are better" (That is your opinion and your opinion said out loud can sometimes hurt)
Im sorry you dislike it, But the Arc wasn't created for WaveConquerers needs.
I like the map it's in my top 5 mczone maps. The reason is kit Orc with the knock back in the top of the Moutan just knock players off. I also live the trees to I can use my camo skin to hide then jump on players.
Fuzzy, i respect that you accept this.
That said, don't be such an a-hole about it.
That stab at me for none of my maps and how yours took four hours and all that, also bull.
But that is acceptable too. Because you have the skill to turn out a map in 4 hours and i am too OCD on details to do that. So should i be in awe of your 4 hour escapade? How much did you spend on detail? Combined with the spawns and bridge, i figure it you 30 mins.
And yes i am making a better map. (But i guess you'll rip me on it till it is accepted)It is a joke of a map. Made on the basis that i will never have a map accepted. but it is a fun map i guess. And, btw, if you notice i was not the first to say Koo's maps are better. I only agreed.
I take back that it took no skill (mountains evade me) but when 60% looks like planted trees and simple monuments, when it looks like i of all people could do this, i repeat, WHEN I OF ALL PEOPLE CAN ATTEMPT THIS WITH SOME EFFORT, i don't consider it very high on my list.
And for the kit thing, pyro isn't op for Cand. We don't use the lower levels much anymore :P
So, i should leave before i do something stupid.
Personally, I liked the older maps like candoria made by da pros. Player made maps just aren't as good. I like Arc because it's easy for scout to do parkour on da trees like a bawss (and I get tons of kills,same with Amazon). I like KooDa's maps but there just seems to be too many, and when you think about the design, his style is really quite the same over and over again. My only problem is that these maps are too small. I like candoria because it was huuuuuuuuuuuuuge and I never get bored with it. Sorry for a little bit off-topic.
In all honestly, the only thing that bugs me in the arc is the mountains. I can see exactly how she made them. They just seem really lazy :/
How do i use the same style? I have been making maps for a year now... for myself and other servers and now McZone... and recently i have drastically changed my style... Like look at the difference between Scorpio and Ignite, it is drastic. Or between Quantum__X and The Division. Not just different types of maps but different styles. I have been recently making my maps much more detailed as well. And also how are my maps small?
Topic Locked A staff member has prevented any further posts on this forum thread.