ObsidianFire99

Posted: 4 months ago
Edited: 3 months ago
I played on the new map Titans today, and have mixed feelings about it.

My first impressions were good. I love the building style, and the castle is top notch. The arches up above are beautifully made. When the game started, I jumped down from the platform as everyone seemed to be doing. I think it was the first match ever, and I got the first two kills of the match. :D Then things went downhill. The incessant splashing of XP bottles was annoying to say the least and although the full diamond gameplay was good, the arena seemed too small.

The worst part was yet to come. The red team was stuck up on their platform with no-where to go - if they jumped down they would be slaughtered. Their bows simply weren't powerful enough to make a dent in the fast moving swarm of blues in the square below. The match was unsurprisingly one sided, with a final score of 75-12. I myself got 13 kills, and didn't die once - unheard of as I am not the greatest PVPer. Also, throughout the match the server lagged badly - and that was not just my PC.

So all in all, although the map was not the greatest success I think it could be improved dramatically if:
  • Bows were more powerful - 2-3 hit kills.
  • The arena was larger
  • You could get back up onto your platform. (I appreciate that you can't get up to stop spawnkilling, but this is annoying)
Overview:
Pros: Great building, nice to see Skippy making innovative maps
Cons: Too small and too easy for it to become a massacre. Also lots of Lag.

Building: 9/10
Gameplay: 4/10
Creativity: 7/10
Overall: 6/10

G_SKIPPY

Posted: 4 months ago
It is still under work. The kit file is bugged. I need to fix that.

mrmarksman55

Posted: 4 months ago
Laggy, here is a tip when you enchant, the more of those symbols the better your enchant will be.
coupd there be a command to re spawn without losing your items and kill streak like you can't move for 10 seconds until you re spawn 
A larger arena will be better 

mrmarksman55

Posted: 3 months ago
It's still laggy. I found its because there are so many players in the same chunk

G_SKIPPY

Posted: 3 months ago
It's from all the arrows. 

mrmarksman55

Posted: 3 months ago
No the map should be bigger

WaveConquerer

Posted: 3 months ago
Is this Nexus or Nebula?

Blackhawk6alpha

Posted: 3 months ago
I do agree, the map is far too small, especially in a 100 player server. Nebula is based off of a completely different style of game-play compared to the game-play delivered in Titans. I myself as well love the innovation put forward, but I myself do not approve of the innovation put forward with Titans. 

^^ Oh that sexy constructive criticism! 

mrmarksman55

Posted: 3 months ago
I know, all TDM should be in nexus. All current TDM in nebula should be in nexus and TDM like titans.
nebula should be a CTM and CTF

ObsidianFire99

Posted: 3 months ago
I actually disagree because maps like venomous have custom kits that you don't get in nexus (all maps have the same kits). This allows for varied gameplay. The better solution is to give nexus custom kits, but that would never happen because on maps like venomous it makes kits useless.

Login You must login in order to post replies.