MrFillot

Posted: 3 months ago
Edited: 3 months ago
Im thinking of installing the damage indicator mod but only if its allowed I herd somewhere the sprint mod so I thought the damage indicator might not either 

TheWelshyGamer

Posted: 3 months ago
The rules state that "PVP related modifications" are not accepted. So I'm going to say no on this one just to be sure:)

1Theodore1

Posted: 3 months ago
Well, it's not a hack, it just shows how much life a player has got. Idk though

brightsteel101

Posted: 3 months ago
I think the Damage Indicator mod should be allowed but I am not sure what the staff would say.

MrFillot

Posted: 3 months ago
Kk thanks for all the help guys I'll try and ask one of the mods


mrmarksman55

Posted: 3 months ago
I would also say no because on any of the maps you can target the weak players. If I was on nexus as tank I would pretend I have low health by eating golden apples but u just want to get 12 hearts

Wizard_of_Cheese

Posted: 3 months ago
No and I've had it before i joined mczone it doesn't work on servers. And in games like sg or hg it would be a big Advantage 

Diamondman989

Posted: 3 months ago
Damage Indicator is a ForgeModLoader modification. If MCZone doesn't have the support plugin it won't work anyway.

ObsidianFire99

Posted: 3 months ago
No, it's totally client-side. It would work. IMO it should be allowed, and TBH they won't be able to tell if you have it. Not promoting hacks, but you get the idea.

Broaderz

Posted: 3 months ago
i disagree about it being allowed as it gives an advantage to that player which is unfair on those who play legit on vanilla minecraft as if me and some randomer on hg are running away he has optifine and damage indicator... he would seek the guy on 5 hp with no hunger than the guy with full hp ...

optifine and damage indicator would be an unfair combo

ObsidianFire99

Posted: 3 months ago
optifine is allowed and is awesome. I use it and it is great. Sure you can zoom in but thats the only advantage you get. IMO there should be a server plugin that blocks the optifine zoom function.

Broaderz

Posted: 3 months ago
optifine is cool with me but when coupled with damage indicator it would be an unfair advantage... damage indicator is a much larger advantage than optifine on its own... as optifines only real advantage is knowing the persons name tag when you see them from underground or a distance which only helps if you want to hide from skippy,kill you slow and its just 4 fun lol :P

Diamondman989

Posted: 3 months ago
And… This was posted in the wrong area -.-

Broaderz

Posted: 3 months ago
i didn't actually notice good observation XD torney teams lol?

Murph_the_cat

Posted: 3 months ago
I think both mods are cheats. 

I believe they allow optifine which isn't fair with both the zoom and identifying player's names.  In my opinion, it's like having x-ray, but for names.  There are many times in walls when people find you too quickly when you are sneaking.  A pair of binoculars or a telescope are both a tool, an extra tool, that vanilla players don't have.

Definitely, the damage indicator is a cheat because it would be so easy to target weak players or "known" players.  Many people on walls will chat, "I'm gonna kill you, murph", and I don't even know them.  When you're not a strong PVPer, it's is a disadvantage.  Luckily, my health is usually full since I'm always kit cook, but still....I don't think it's fair.


MrFillot

Posted: 3 months ago
Ok wont be installing damage indicator then, I do use optifine though dont really use the zoom feature as I only just realised it was where and its too awkward to reach on my keyboard

Login You must login in order to post replies.