Diamondman989

Posted: 3 months ago
Edited: 2 months ago

Ever wanted to use a ton of mods and do cool stuff! This tutorial is a simple way to install mods for dummies!


Manual Installation Programs

Special types of software is needed as you need to access the .jar folder in your Minecraft game! Most software is free to use. Some are not. If your downloading a free software for .jar be aware for threats!

Software You Can Use:

  • WinRar (Popular)
  • WinZip (Popular)
  • 7Zip (Most Common)
  •  Others That Can Open Up .jar (Not Preferred)

  • Your Custom Zip Opener (Not Used Much)



Automatic Installation Programs

These kinds can automatically install mods with a click of a few buttons. With these kinds you don't need .zip/.jar openers, but you still need the mod file! 

Software To Use:

  • Magic Launcher (Very Popular)

Abilities to automatically install ForgeModLoader files and ModLoader Files.



I hope this was useful be sure to put posts of me what to do next!  



Cobalt838

Posted: 3 months ago
I just downloaded magic launcher but it launches minecraft 1.5.2 but the mod I want to install is 1,6,2 what do I do?


Diamondman989

Posted: 3 months ago
On setup you need to click the arrow and select: 1.6.2

Cobalt838

Posted: 3 months ago
ok


Diamondman989

Posted: 3 months ago
Making Part 2 Of this soon.

ObsidianFire99

Posted: 3 months ago
Can I put it on the wiki?

edax_man

Posted: 3 months ago
You should add the mac archives :p

Diamondman989

Posted: 2 months ago
sure obsid. put on wiki. I will make mac archives. And part 2 came out!

Voltdrive

Posted: 2 months ago
major topic bump here

Diamondman989

Posted: 2 months ago
this is not bumping. its not 2 months old.

Login You must login in order to post replies.